How can discrete molecules transport charge/spin more effectively?
Make them have unpaired spin (open-shell electronic configuration)!
Our research has three major goals:
1) Discover new synthetic strategies and methods for constructing air-stable, open-shell, π-conjugated structures.
2) Characterize new physical properties related to delocalized, carbon-centered radicals.
3) Develop organic materials that display unique optical, electronic, and magnetic properties.
- Gas Chromatograph (Shimadzu GC-2010, autosampler, FID)
- Solvent Delivery System (Pure Process Technology)
- analytical balances (3)
- UV-ozone cleaning system (UVOCS)
- Spin Coaters (2) (Specialty Coating Systems 6800)
- Potentiostat (Princeton Applied Research 3000)
- Semiconductor Characterization System (Keithley 4200, 2 SMUs, 1 CVU)